Friday, August 17, 2007

And so it begins....

Several of my neighbors are doing this whole blogging thing and I must tell you I am pretty addicted to reading all of their blogs plus some of their favorites. But the idea of me starting my own is just a little scary. First of all those of you who know me very well know that I am not very good at writing especially when it comes to grammar, punctuation, etc. Those of you who didn't know this about me will soon see what I mean.

I absolutely love taking pictures of the kids. So hopefully I will do a good job of keeping everyone updated with pics and all the wonderful adventures that Jacob and Jenna take us through each and every day.

So here's the latest.....

Jenna is now completely walking and is on the verge of turning her walk into a run. Don't you dare tell her "No come back here, or you're going to get her" because if you do that she just giggles away and takes off on you. It really is the cutest thing, but it can also be frustrating when you are trying to be a serious Mommy or Daddy. She officially has two teeth both on bottom and it looks like we've got at least another two or three coming in very soon. She really keeps us very busy and always on our toes. We thought that Jacob was an active baby well she showing us what an active baby really is.

Now for Mr. Jacob he is getting to be such a big boy. Every day he's just a little more independent wanting his Mommy and Daddy to do less for him. His speech is really coming along and hopefully when we go back to school in less than a month his teacher will be as impressed as we are over his progress he's made this summer. He's telling us stories now about all the things that happen in his day whether he was with his Mommy, Daddy or his Nana. He just has to share everything with all of us and we just love it. He's also getting quite good talking to his Grandma and Grandpa on the phone he let's us know when he's done talking to Grandma and ready to talk to Grandpa.It's actually quite cute to hear him say Grandma and Grandpa. He has also had a couple of little growth spurts in the last six months or so. He is now a tall 39 inches.


I hope I've caught most of you up to now since I have been lacking in updating our other website.We've been very busy this summer and it has also been a very hot summer. Today we went to the Clarke County Fair that's the county next to ours. The kids had a blast and earlier in the day we had our bi-weekly play date with some of the neighbors.

Hope everyone enjoys this new blog thing. And please let me know what you think and hopefully with time I will get better at it. I promise I will try and update this more often. Hopefully I will have time to say at least a little something if not everyday every other day. Again wish me luck and please fell free to leave me comments.

1 comment:

Kelly A said...

Jamie,
I love the blog and am soooo glad you decided to post something on it!!! I can assure you that I will check it out everyday!! I love to read about people's daily lives also...it's so much fun:)

We had a blast at the play date yesterday!!! I hope you guys have a great weekend!!