Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Like Riding a Bike

It was approximately 12 years ago the last time I put on a pair of ice skates. It has been since we moved away from So. Cal. Joe and I used to go a lot, he played ice hockey for a few years. Since he knew how to skate when we started dating he took me. We loved going and just really never took the time to go since we moved. When we lived in Ashburn we had a rink right down the road from where we lived but still never made the time to go. An opportunity came upon us this past Tuesday. This year our Light the Night thank you party took place in Reston. It was at McCormick and Schmick's, we ate dinner, then there was a small awards ceremony. After all was said and done the skating rink at The Town Center was all ours, closed to the public just for The Light the Night party guests.
We weren't sure at first if we were going to venture onto the ice. But we did. It was so much fun. I was a little nervous at first. It had been so long since we'd been. When I got my skates on and got on the ice it was like no time had passed at all. Not one year or twelve years. I didn't even fall once. It felt great being out there. It was just Joe and I, the kids were at home with Nana. It was like we were teenagers again, only in older bodies. My body was definitely feeling the workout it was getting. We had such a fun time, we have decided that we definitely need to go back and take the kids with us. We checked on the skates sizes and they go as small as seven, they are so tiny just perfect for Jenna.
Hope everyone else is having a great week. We've been quite busy, I have so many more pictures to share and I will soon. What about this weather? I am really ready for Spring now.

-----------Me on the rink-------------Group pic at dinner-Joe, Me, Debbie, Jackie, Mia, Cheyl and Nancy------

2 comments:

Kelly A said...

How fun Jamie!!! I grew up skating on the rink at Reston Town center!!! Was a great place to meet boys...Hee Hee!!! Man am I old!!

I know that the kids will love it there!! I bet the tiny ice skates are adorable!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Melis B said...

How fun!Glad it came right back to you! What fun! Have a great weekend!!