Monday, January 28, 2008

My Big Boy Four Year Old

My baby/big boy had his 4 year check up today. We were much more prepared this year than we were at his 3 year appointment. It was like night and day between the two appointments.For a while I had been talking about how we would be going to the doctor's soon because Jacob was now a big boy four year old. He was pretty much okay with it that is until today when I realized he would have to have shots. The last shot he had was in the December and it was his Flu shot.He really didn't like it as it was his first shot in the arm.We didn't really prepare him for it we had went in for Jenna's 18month appt and the doctor asked if we wanted to have him get his Flu shot also. Today in the car I had him all ready for this doctor's visit. We talked about all the things the doctor and nurse would be doing.Checking his weight,height,his heart,his blood pressure (he really hated this last year:(),his ears,nose,etc. oh and we did talk about the possiblity of maybe getting shots.That conversation went something like this.
Jacob: Me get shots?
Mommy: Maybe Baby, there's a real good chance you're gonna have to get shots.
Jacob: uh, me no want shots.
Mommy: I know honey but we have to get shots so we don't get sick.They help prevent us from getting sick.They're good for us even though they hurt for a little bit.It will be okay Mommy will sit with you when you get them.
Jacob: Mama, me no love shots.
Mommy: I know honey, but it will be okay.
Jacob: uh, okay Mama.
It was the cutest, I really love when he says that he loves something, or doesn't love something. My baby is becoming such a big boy. So now for the stats.............
Weight: 38.2 lbs- 75%
Height: 40 inches-50%
The doc says if he keeps growing at this rate he will be about 5"10' definitely taller than his Mommy and Daddy. I can't even imagine my baby boy being taller than me. Time goes by at a blink of an eye,and our kids are growing up too fast.I can only treasure each and every moment that I have with my two babies and every moment that we have together as a family Mommy,Daddy,Jacob,and Jenna. There I go again going off on a tangant,Sorry.

We had a fairly uneventful weekend. We went out to dinner with the kids on Friday and then ran to a few stores Mommy needed to go to. Saturday,wow myself and Joe were talking earlier today and we both don't really remember what we did exactally. I think we went to Costco, and Martin's for a few things. Oh and I did run in a few stores to do a couple of returns. Work on Sunday and that's about it. See uneventful....
Today however along with the doc appointment we were pretty busy.We had our play date this am.The kids really had fun.Then it was into the car and off to the airport to pick up Nana.We then had lunch at Mc Donald's (well the kids did).Then across the parking lot to Jacob's dr appointment.Okay so I am going to go off on another tangant again,sorry.
You know how a couple of weeks ago or maybe it was couple of posts I go I was complaing about the price of milk,well it has since went down but now I'm irrtated about something else. I don't know if every one read my comments to that post but Kelly pointed out that she thinks that some things are more expensive out her because there's no competition. I think I'm more convinced than ever now. I needed gas today while we were in Ashburn and guess what? Our gas here in town is anywhere from $2.95 to $2.99 a gallon. And in Ashburn it's an average of $2.84 but I got gas for $2.79 today. I could not believe that there was such a huge price difference in gas from there to here.So there you are, What do you think about this whole gas thing?

1 comment:

Kelly A said...

I am glad that Jacob's appointment went well. It is so heartbreaking to watch your children get shots:(