Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Little Under the Weather

Since Friday evening I have been feeling a little under the weather. Friday wasn't so bad but Saturday morning I woke up with a horrible sore throat. The kids have also come down with colds. Although the kids just seem to have runny noses and a little bit of sneezing. It seems that I have gotten the worst of it, sore throat, sneezing, coughing, and just plain ol' feeling yucky. But enough about that.
Let me Explain....
I am sure a few of you are just a little curious about the not so normal for Jamie quote on my last post. It was best for me to just put a quote that would some what explain how I was feeling.If I would have written a post that night it just would have been completely depressing.And I'm not really sure that,that would have been the best thing for me. The last two weeks have been a little rough when it comes to the things that have been going on at work. In the last two weeks we (Wal-Mart store#1406) have lost two associates. The first one was two weeks ago from today Helen Friddle was a long time associate at my store.Without going into all the gory details it was something everyone knew was coming but still it was hard. It was amazing how many people turned out for her wake and funeral.There was just squeezing by walking room it was truly amazing as she was a wonderful person. Moving on to this past Thursday. It was supposed to be just like any other Thursday. But it was far from that I walked into work swiped my badge and then there it was. Yet another note by the time clock.Only this time it was a complete shock, like something out of left field. I was left speechless. My friend Becky saw me and said "what's wrong Jamie?" Again I was silent for a moment and then I said "Susan Loftin" Becky said what about her? I then said she passed away this morning. Susan had been in remission from Breast Cancer and most recently was having some heart problems.I still don't know exactly what it was but she is gone. The worst part is that it was about a week before this that I had spoken to her.She continued working and she wasn't one to complain about not feeling well. But the last time I saw her she really wasn't feeling well, I know this because this day she did say something. She asked me if she could go home early, I told her to go ahead and go.She called in everyday that she was scheduled for the next week.On last Wednesday she called in and said she was going to have to go on a leave again. The next morning Thursday her daughter called and said she had passed away earlier that morning. Susan was a cashier she was someone that I saw almost everyday that I worked. She was a great person. Like I said earlier not one to complain about anything.She really had the opportunity to complain about a lot but she choose not to.
Why sweat the small stuff? I just have to say with these two passing of these two wonderful women I am seeing things in a new light. I have never really been surrounded by a lot of death in my life. I have lost very few people close to me,and I thank GOD for that everyday.
I have been really thinking about those close to me a lot more than usual lately because of these two passings.I really hate that my parents,grandparents and the rest of my family is so far away from us. I really miss them all terribly.
When I talked to one of my friends on Friday from my old store (Sterling) she had more bad news to give me. One of the CSM's there lost her husband this past week,and a former associate also lost her battle with cancer.
I am sorry that this is such a long and sad post. I just really felt like I needed to put my thoughts down and explain my thinking when I posted that quote. In the beginning of this post I was kind of complaining about feeling yucky.These are the kinds of things that just don't seem right anymore.It doesn't seem right sweating the small stuff.We should be grateful for each day that we have because who knows what tomorrow brings. We should live each day to the fullest and appreciate what we have. Cherish each moment even if it seems small because it could turn out to be something big later on.Again I am sorry for the long post and for being so depressing.I really am doing better just felt like I needed to explain myself. I am also sure that I have repeated myself several times throughout this post and again I am sorry.I hope that everyone else has had a good week thus far.
Other than being a little under the weather the kids are doing great.Got some cute little pics of the kids from the weekend and I'll post them soon.Take Care all......

2 comments:

Kelly A said...

Oh Jamie....I am so sorry for everything you have been through the last couple of weeks. I now completely understand your quote and can only imagine how you have been feeling.

It is so easy to forget about the little things in our daily lives. Prayer has really been helping me lately. My time each day to think and be be grateful for everyone and everything in my life!

If you need anything please give me a call!!

I hope you feel better soon. I am in the same boat. I guess as we get "older" it just isn't as easy to beat these colds out of us!!

Jessica said...

Hey Jamie... So sorry to hear about all the bad news recently. I hope that things begin to take a turn for the better in the upcoming days. I'll be thinking about you...