Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rockin' The Red!

We haven't really been overly busy lately or at least it seems. Busy enough though that I have been slacking when it comes to keeping everyone updated with pictures. I actually must confess I have been spending a pretty good amount of time when I am on the computer at The Dis Boards I am pretty sure I have mentioned this before. It's kind of gotten a lot worse as our trip gets closer. As of today we are 60 days out. Woo Hoo! I can hardly wait. I am in need of a vacation so badly.


Getting back to what we've been up to. This past weekend for Joe's birthday we headed into town first stopping at The Dulles Town Center for much needed haircuts. Jacob got his haircut and we just had Jenna's bangs trimmed. Then it was off to the metro station. Next we headed into D.C. for the Capitals vs Hurricanes hockey game. This was the first hockey game for Jacob and Jenna. Joe and I used to go to hockey games a lot when we were dating but it had been about 10 years since we had been to a game. They are always fun. The energy the crowd has is just awesome. The kids had a blast, at first Jacob wasn't to sure about the noise level. It was extremely noisy is the arena. After a while he was okay with noise and starting cheering along with everyone else. The Caps ended up winning in a shoot out, 5 to 4, it was awesome. In all the hockey games we've been to we had never seen a shoot out, it was really cool. Here's a little video of Jenna cheering The Caps on.......
Let's Go Caps!

And a some pics from the game.............

Fun Times!

1 comment:

Kelly A said...

What a fun Birthday weekend!!! I am glad that the kids enjoyed the game!!!