Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is it just us?

Okay so I've always has a small obsession with cupcakes. I really do love them. But on my daily blog rounds lately I have been checking out a lot of Melis B's links to cupcake blogs. This has really had me in the mood for some good cupcakes. Now don't get me wrong I think I am pretty good at making cupcakes, but I am just not in the mood to bake. I would rather have someone else do the baking. In my travels at The Cupcake takes the Cake blog they have a rather extensive list of Cupcakeries around the U.S. I have been checking out several in the D.C area, just cause well maybe they're convenient enough for Joe to stop at on his way home. And so he did just that for me on Tuesday. He stopped at Georgetown Cupcake, he brought home 6 cupcakes. We had a Chocolate & Vanilla, Vanilla2, Lava Fudge, Coconut, and 2 of the Red Velvets as this is their signature cupcake. Today on CTC blog they have a snippet of this article, this food critic liked these GT cupcakes? Joe and I did not. The cake was dry and well if you like cream cheese frosting you might like them. All of the cupcakes had cream cheese frosting. Don't get me wrong they looked really yummy but looks aren't everything right? I tried a bite of all of them with the exception of the coconut one. I don't really care for coconut so I opted not to try it. Of all of the cupcakes the vanilla2 was the best. Joe and I agreed that it was the best out of all of them. And well saying it was the best isn't really saying much. I did not eat any of that frosting because at that point I couldn't take any more of the frosting.
Before going to that bakery we had discussed going to a different one, Hello Cupcakes! We decided to try GT first since it was closer to Joe's work and he read lots of good reviews about it. Now in reading the comments after the article I linked above it seems a lot of people feel the same way about GT that Joe and I do. With that being said I am now really ready to try Hello Cupcakes. They look like they have lots of yummy flavors and a few people did say they we're good. This shop did just open not that long ago, so we will see. I am also looking forward to trying Baked and Wired they too got lots of good reviews. In the comments of the above article lots of people said that they were much better than GT cupcakes. So we will see just where I can get my hubby to go to next for me for my cupcake craziness. I will then let you know what I think of those cupcakes. Because you know that you all want to know : ) he,he! About a month or so ago we did try some cupcakes from a bakery in Maryland that a friend brought to us as she lives near it. Those were some pretty good cupcakes but unfortunately I can't remember the name of the bakery right now. I am sorry if I am making anyone hungry because I know every time I am reading about cupcakes it makes me hungry. Like now just writing about them and it's midnight, I am getting hungry.
Here's a picture of the cupcakes sorry about the lighting. Unlike myself Jenna did enjoy the frosting. And my Jacob of course wanted nothing to do with them : ) Hopefully our next venture to a new place will turn out to be better with better cupcakes.

1 comment:

Kelly A said...

That was so nice of Joe to pick up some cupcakes!!! I'm sorry they weren't that good though :(

They sure do look pretty!

I bet the ones that don't look as perfect are going to be the ones that taste the best!!!